Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Outside Inside

In recent weeks, i have been seeing events around me as a hell of a story. My private life inclusive. If you're around me don't be suprise if you see yourself in my blog post... i am an open book, i've got nothing to hide.
My last weekend was filled with a blend of unsual and anticipated events. And i gladly walked into the unknown.
The first event was an unanticipated journey to the Rock city, Abeokuta and the Second was the much anticipated Family meeting at my mom's place.
Waking up very early on a Saturday morning...very unusual. It was the last Saturday of the month; the environmental sanitation day. Usually on a day like this, i roll in my bed till 9.30am but this particular Saturday was different.
My cousin called me in the early morn that he would need my help. He wanted me to collect money for him from his colleague in Abeokuta. "Oh God...se this egbon no know say i need my rest ni? i've been hustling since Monday now.",i said in my minds.
I picked my cloths and I traveled down to Abeokuta. There wasn't much vehicle on the roads, very few people knew the government had cancelled the environmental sanitation because of the democracy day plus preparation for the Sunday swearing-in ceremony for winners of the last concluded elections.
30 minutes into the trip i began having premonition that the trip will appear on my blog. First, my mobile phone network went off and i needed to call my cousin for the address of his colleague. I couldn't head back home, not when i have already covered more than half of the miles. Thinking what i should do, i saw a phone call centre i quickly use it.I continued my trip.
5 minute later, again i wished i was home watching movies...the scene in front of me was gory, the experience was not nice at all. A 16 passenger commercial bus in the other lane just crashed.
The driver of the vehicle i was in knew the owner of the crashed bus, so, he parked to see if there was any survival who we could rescue.
We peeped into the deformed bus and we saw blood...lots of it. One of the male passenger was still conscious. This passenger had a wide gash in his legs, his back and arms peeled...cloths tattered and torn. Red sticky stuff was flowing out of him and i saw in his eyes that he was weak 'cause his eyes were dilated. Judging that he still had more 60% surviving rate, we quickly help him into our vehicle. At first, we thought we should drop him off in a nearby State General Hospital along the express way but seeing how much blood he had lost, we thought the general hospitals along the high way won’t be of much help.
Silently i prayed that this man should just hang on, we are almost in Abeokuta and Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro is just 14 minutes drive, Federal Medical Center (FMC) is also not far, both hospitals have good facilities and equipments. Gladly enough, he made it to Lantoro, the man was really grateful for our gesture...through his pain he was still able to thank us.
Soon enough I went back to my mission, I met my cousin's colleague and I collected the money.
I returned to my mom's place immediately for the family meeting. Don’t worry, I promise I will conclude this part in my next blog post. I will surely let you in on the full gist soon enough. I have lots of interesting stuffs about my cousin who happen to be the main subject of the meeting, so, keep your fingers crossed.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment